Friday, August 10, 2012

India #2 (Nov-Dec, 2011)

Smiling faces watch
My little book surprises
And makes them wonder

Cold Kingfisher beer
One of my favorite tastes
In my India

When I go away
Only some of India
Can come home with me

We must go and see
The elephants.  Will we hear
Them roar with delight?

 The waiter watches
To anticipate my need.
His smile is so bright

I am now seeker
Truth and love have found me here
Will I find them again?

Drink, think, write, repeat
Some measure of progress now
On all three accounts

All of my travels
Every person I have known
Has helped me get here.

This is just perfect
Not one single thing needs doing
Except this last line.

Nikhil pours cold beer
His effort cannot be matched.
His intent is clear.

Warm milk in hot coffee
Eggs, bread, fruit, juice and dosa
Indian breakfast.

Go the extra mile.
It's just the way things are here
How can I help you?

Tabla, flute and sita
Float over the lake.  They are
celebrating there.

The sand shifts below me
Waves crash over my poor head
I come up smiling

Hindu woman sings
And sells her sweet pineapple
Some ritual first.

The stairs are many
Leading down to the beach
Water is perfect

Salt taste on my lips
Walk back to find my wife
Reading in the sun

Mystery lives here
Like everywhere but just
More accessible

Black birds busy themselves
While overhead predators
Search for prey below

Criticism fades
Replaced with true compassion
Can you see this clear?


No comments:

Post a Comment