Friday, August 10, 2012

India #1 (Nov-Dec, 2011)

Birds and a loud saw
With the waves on the beach below
Fill my ears just now

Words fit together
But they can never really say
How India is

Rain last I see
Leaves a sweet scent in the air
For you, were you here
OR
For me, lucky me

Cloudy and so hot
Palm trees, flowers, saris, beach
Kovalam this week

Leaving the music
Of the waves behind, why then
Do I still hear them?

Indian eyes are
Dark and calm and arrive with
A smile if you look

When will I be back/
Now is when I have returned
This flood of words rolls

Learning to look close
Pay attention, India does that
to me, maybe to you

Today's rain and heat
Fog my glasses but open
My heart to the sky

Green leaves, wet with rain
Shine and bounce as each drop falls
Such green hands praying

What could be better?
My India and my love
Together right now

What inspires me here?
The list is too long to write
Just look around you

I see way more trees
Than I can possibly count
Green, yellow and brown

Birds call out so loud
As the evening draws closer
The end of a day

The rain has stopped now
Only the sound of drippings
Water from the trees

When the music stopped
I never heard the last note
But now I hear the birds

Gandhi-ji taught peace
Which begins in one's own heart
And spreads where you go

Communal Indi
A is not like where I live
We live for the one

I can find these things
Nowhere else but India
My true heart feels home

Each visit makes clear
This is my spirit's true home
I might never leave












No comments:

Post a Comment